It’s time to immerse yourself into 2017 business planning mode.
- Do a 2016 Year Review Audit. Facebook does picture reviews for the year, we want you to do goal reviews. Sit down and outline what worked for you, what didn’t, what you want to let go in 2016 and what you want to strengthen in 2017. This is a POWERFUL exercise that will bring you a lot of clarity for next year–which is a huge part of planning for success.
- Identify Your Desired Feeling(s) for Next Year. It should be one word (or two) that embody what you want to feel next year when you accomplish all you do. Yes, a bit WOO WOO, but highly impactful if chosen correctly. The word(s) become an anchor to all that you do –and can create a REAL tie to ensure you stay focused and on task to accomplish what you set out to do in the first place.
- Brain Dump Your Ideas, Categorize It, then Prioritize it. I asked you to and audit of last year, and now I want you to be future focused. As entrepreneurs, we can think of so many ideas. Get it out of your head. Write it down. Then pick the top 3 that tie into your desired feeling and the ones that will drive the outcomes you want for the year.
- Pick the Top 3 Goals that You Will Do in the Next 90 Days. This is a strategy taught by mentors Kelly and I both respect. Having tangible 90-day goals that you plan weekly or biweekly with action steps will be game changing!
- Find Your Accountability. Find an accountability practice or group that way that works for you. Put it in your journal. Find a group and declare your goals. Accept constructive feedback on your goals and more. Without accountability, you have nothing! This is the most important planning strategy of them all.
Remember that saying “If you fail to plan you plan to fail”? And I want to you have an incredible 2017!!