31 Things to consider in the event of a hurricane in the Gulf
2. No matter how many times you flick the switch, lights don’t work without electricity.
3. My car gets 23.21675 miles per gallon, EXACTLY (you can ask the people in line who helped me push it).
4. Kids can survive 4 days or longer without a video game controller in their hand.
5. The Astros can’t beat the Cubs in Milwaukee especially when they don’t get any sleep (thank you Bud Selig!)
6. He who has the biggest generator wins.
7. Walking around your home in the dark should be a new Olympic sport.
8. A new method of non-lethal torture- showers without hot water.
9. There are a lot more stars in the sky than most people thought.
10. TV is an addiction and the withdrawal symptoms are painful.
11. A 7 lb bag of ice will chill 6-12 oz Budweiser’s to a drinkable temperature in 11 minutes, and still keep a 14 lb. turkey frozen for 8 more hours.
12. There are a lot of dang trees around here.
13. Flood plain drawings on some mortgage documents were seriously wrong.
14. Aluminum siding, while aesthetically pleasing, is definitely not required.
15. Crickets can increase their volume to overcome the sound of 14 generators.
16. People will get into a line that has already formed without having any idea what the line is for.
17. When required, a Lincoln Continental will float, doesn’t steer well but floats just the same.
18. Tele-marketers function no matter what the weather is doing.
19. Cell phones work when land lines are down, but only as long as the battery remains charged.
20. 27 of your neighbors are fed from a different transformer than you, and they are quick to point that out!
21. Hampers were not made to contain such a volume.
22. If a store sold only ice, chainsaws, gas and generators… they’d be rich.
23. Price of a can of soup rises 200 percent in a storm.
24. Your water front property can quickly become someone else’s fishing hole.
25. Tree service companies are under appreciated.
26. I learned what happens when you make fun of another states’ blackout.
27. MATH 101: 30 days in a month, minus 6 days without power equals 30 percent higher electric bill ??
28. Drywall is a compound word, take away the “dry” part and it’s worthless.
29. I can walk a lot farther than I thought.
30. You can survive a violent storm, but may not survive the relatives you had to stay with!!
31. I finally met my neighbors and found out that they are also human. What a great surprise!