How to do business through the HUB Program with
Texas Department of Criminal Justice
Meet the Buyer Sharon Schultz
HUB Director, Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ).
Feb. 14, 2017
Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) Program
The mission of the HUB Program for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice is to promote and increase contracting opportunities with Historically Underutilized Businesses. The HUB program will provide businesses and agency staff the assistance necessary for the success of this mission.
State Agency Goals for HUB Participation:
- 17.5 % – Heavy Construction Other than Building Contracts (Road and Highway Construction and Maintenance)
- 36.9% – Building Construction
- 32.7% – Special Trades (Includes Building Renovation and Maintenance and Landscape Construction)
- 23.6% – Professional Services Contracts (Architects, Engineers, Accounting and Financial Services, and Medical Services)
- 24.6% – Other Services (includes Legal Services, Maintenance, Repair, Veterinary, Cleaning, Printing, Delivery, Waste Disposal, Communications, and many others)
- 21.0% – Commodity purchasing