Exporter of the Year
- Legal resident of the U.S. that owns and operates a small business for a minimum of three years. Partners who jointly own and operate a small business may be nominated as a “team,” cannot exceed 4.
- Individuals who have received one type of SBA assistance such as, but not limited to an SBA loan, SCORE counseling, SBDC assistance, and WBC assistance, government contracting assistance, disaster assistance, Emerging Leaders Initiative, or Boots to Business training.
- Increased sales, profits and/or growth of employment because of exporting.
- Creative overseas marketing strategies.
- Effective solutions to export-related problems, including trade financing, payment, and currency issues; market-entry and logistical challenges; cultural differences, etc.
- Demonstrated encouragement of other small businesses to export.
- Volunteer assistance to other small businesses entering the export market.
- Cooperation with other businesses in the creation of export trading companies and/or introduction of unique trading relationships, products or services.
- SBA Form 3300, Award Nominee Background Form
- SBA Form 3302, Small Business Exporter of the Year
- An original 8” x 10” or 5” x 7” photo of the nominee or a digital photo – at least 300 dpi is required; photocopies are not acceptable. For “team” nominations, a photo of each nominee or group photo is acceptable.
- Additional supporting documentation deemed significant by the nominator, including news clips, letters of recommendation, nomination letter (if not self-nominated) and other evidence of the appropriateness of the nomination (supporting documentation must not exceed 10 pages). Videos will not be considered.