Financial Services Champion of the Year
- An individual who assists small businesses through advocacy efforts to increase the usefulness and availability of accounting or financial services for small businesses may be nominated. Nominees may or may not be small business owners.
- Outside of regular business duties, the amount and quality of assistance given small businesses to obtain financing.
- Advocacy for changes in the financial services industry to assist small companies.
- Encouragement of the flow of investment capital to small ventures.
- Active support for legislative or regulatory action designed to help small firms.
- Measurable accomplishments through the advocacy efforts of the financial services or accounting industries to advance small business interests.
- SBA Form 3300, Award Nomination Background Form. For “team” nominations, a background form is required for each team member;
- A brief biography of the nominee, not to exceed one page. For “team” nominations, a biography is required for each team member;
- A business profile, if applicable, that includes a description of the nominee’s business and information to support the evaluation/selection criteria listed above.
- Additional supporting documentation deemed significant by the nominator, including news clips, letters of recommendation and other evidence of the appropriateness of the nomination (supporting documentation must not exceed 10 pages). Videos will not be considered;
- An original 8” x 10” or 5” x 7” photo of the nominee or a digital photo – at least 300 dpi; photocopies are not acceptable. For “team” nominations, a photo is required for each team member.