Home-Based Business Champion of the Year
- An individual who has experienced the rewards and difficulties of owning a home-based business and has volunteered to improve the climate for these businesses may be nominated. Nominees may or may not be current small business owners.
- Volunteer efforts to improve the conditions for home-based businesses.
- Entrepreneurial training, policy development efforts, or financial or business planning specifically tailored for home-based businesses.
- Demonstrated interest in home-based businesses by an owner or former owner.
- Measurable accomplishments in advancing home-based businesses, such as adoption of public policy or expansion of a program.
- SBA Form 3300, Award Nomination Background Form. For “team” nominations, a background form is required for each team member;
- A brief biography of the nominee, not to exceed one page. For “team” nominations, a biography is required for each team member;
- A business profile, if applicable, that includes a description of the nominee’s business and information to support the evaluation/selection criteria listed above.
- Additional supporting documentation deemed significant by the nominator, including news clips, letters of recommendation and other evidence of the appropriateness of the nomination (supporting documentation must not exceed 10 pages). Videos will not be considered;
- An original 8” x 10” or 5” x 7” photo of the nominee or a digital photo – at least 300 dpi; photocopies are not acceptable. For “team” nominations, a photo is required for each team member.