Minority Small Business Champion of the Year
- An individual who has fulfilled a commitment to the advancement of small business opportunities for minority business owners may be nominated. Nominees may or may not be small business owners.
- Volunteer efforts beyond business/professional responsibilities to advance minority small business interests within the community, state and/or nation.
- Demonstrated efforts to improve conditions in the minority small business community as a whole, not solely for individual personal advancement.
- Volunteer efforts to provide professional services to the minority small business community in a legal, legislative, managerial or financial capacity.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in advising minority small business groups of opportunities within the overall business community.
- Other accomplishments demonstrating the nominee’s merit as an effective advocate for minority small business interests.
- SBA Form 3300, Award Nomination Background Form. For “team” nominations, a background form is required for each team member;
- A brief biography of the nominee, not to exceed one page. For “team” nominations, a biography is required for each team member;
- A business profile, if applicable, that includes a description of the nominee’s business and information to support the evaluation/selection criteria listed above.
- Additional supporting documentation deemed significant by the nominator, including news clips, letters of recommendation and other evidence of the appropriateness of the nomination (supporting documentation must not exceed 10 pages). Videos will not be considered;
- An original 8” x 10” or 5” x 7” photo of the nominee or a digital photo – at least 300 dpi; photocopies are not acceptable. For “team” nominations, a photo is required for each team member.