Manage your Business on the GO: Ten Operational things you can do when you manage your company from the cloud.
The cloud-based management system can allow you to track the workflows and day-to-day operation of your business in a more efficient and smarter way. A whole operation or just a specific project management process with your employees where you can be tracking the status.
It is important to implement this process with a flexible platform that does not require that your business has to become an IT business but can adapt to your needs. The reasonable price is an important element and cost-effectiveness is key.
- Cloud can be customized to fit your process. Organize and track your work depending on the priorities of your business model, your team, and your customers/projects.
- Workspaces bringing the right groups of people together, excluding specific ones to part of the conversation. Can be organized in 3 ways:
- By Department– the most popular workspace configuration is one per team. For example, the design department, the accounting department, sales, etc. This will enable each team to add or create specific apps for their processes.
- By Client – for long-standing client relationships running over multiple projects – setting up a workspace to share with the client streamlines your feedback process. The transparency that sharing a workspace creates is often a learning experience, and it’s a great way for your client to understand your process and to build even stronger relationships.
- By Project Team– for particularly large projects it’s sometimes easiest to start a new, specific workspace, especially if those in the group are not used to working together.
- Communications Channels
- Comments: The best way to discuss work: they have an instantly recognizable context and they’re quick to reference, as they’re attached directly to the content you’re discussing. If you want to loop someone new into a discussion, simply mention them by typing the @ symbol, followed by their name.
- Status posts: Sharing news or ideas in a workspace activity stream is a great way to reach a group and start a discussion. You do not have to mass email. Everyone gets updated as needed depending on the level of DISASTER or PROBLEM.
- Chat: Handy for instant responses to questions or for your less structured conversations.
- Notifications do the thinking for you. Staying on top of everything is going on is sometimes complicated. To do list in different tools (cellphone, computer, tablet, home computer) make more difficult the process. You can choose what to follow. Automation and/or Artificial Intelligence working for you.
- Working remotely is more and more frequent. Having access to files in real time and being able to collaborate with your team.
- Relationships and calculations. A cloud platform can provide you with a tool that allows you to connect the dots. A customer you have worked with before, the info about their preference, your team performance, or just the direct and indirect cost of your project.
- Create report and custom overviews. A clear overview of you and your team workload and execution can help you save time and resources. Sales leads, deliverables, execution are easier to visualize and evaluate. It can be used for employee performance evaluation too.
- Automate Process with Workflow. Workflow is a feature that can take away the manual, repetitive stuff involved in organizing your work. It works very similar than IFTT, so is a very basic logic base on “if this, then that”.
- If you create a new item, then workflows can create a related task for you
- If an item is updated, then workflows can add a comment to mention you asking for your input
- Create an in-house Web form without any tech-savvy person. Webform can be an easy way to recruit and manage your employees, follow up with customers using a simple questionnaire or just do events registrations.
- You are working with a freelancer or a client and you need to share a single item or two from a project, but you don’t want to give someone access to your entire workspace.
- You just need to get someone from your team assigned to a project.
- Getting feedback on a specific project from a client
- Collaborating with a freelancer on a single project
- Inviting a colleague from outside your workspace to a meeting