Veteran Small Business Champion of the Year
- An individual who has fulfilled a commitment to the advancement of small business opportunities for veterans of the U.S. armed forces may be nominated. Nominees may or may not be veterans.
- Active support for legislative or regulatory action designed to help small businesses.
- Evidence of increased business opportunities for veterans as a result of the nominee’s actions.
- Advisory activities to improve awareness of small business opportunities among veterans’ groups.
- Advocacy of special consideration for veteran-owned small businesses in government policymaking.
- Demonstrated success in obtaining support within the community for the establishment of veteran-owned small businesses.
- Other accomplishments demonstrating the nominee’s effective advocacy of veteran-owned small businesses.
- SBA Form 3300, Award Nomination Background Form. For “team” nominations, a background form is required for each team member;
- A brief biography of the nominee, not to exceed one page. For “team” nominations, a biography is required for each team member;
- A business profile, if applicable, that includes a description of the nominee’s business and information to support the evaluation/selection criteria listed above.
- Additional supporting documentation deemed significant by the nominator, including news clips, letters of recommendation and other evidence of the appropriateness of the nomination (supporting documentation must not exceed 10 pages). Videos will not be considered;
- An original 8” x 10” or 5” x 7” photo of the nominee or a digital photo – at least 300 dpi; photocopies are not acceptable. For “team” nominations, a photo is required for each team member.