Women Small Business Champion of the Year
- An individual who has fulfilled a commitment to the advancement of women’s business ownership may be nominated. Nominees may or may not be small business owners.
- Active support for legislative or regulatory action designed to help small businesses.
- Efforts to increase business and financial opportunities for women.
- Legal, financial or managerial assistance provided to enhance women’s business ownership.
- Voluntary efforts to strengthen the role of women business owners within the community.
- Advocacy of the women-owned business community as a whole, not solely for individual personal advancement.
- Other accomplishments demonstrating effectiveness in improving the environment for the creation and expansion of businesses owned and operated by women.
- SBA Form 3300, Award Nomination Background Form. For “team” nominations, a background form is required for each team member;
- A brief biography of the nominee, not to exceed one page. For “team” nominations, a biography is required for each team member;
- A business profile, if applicable, that includes a description of the nominee’s business and information to support the evaluation/selection criteria listed above.
- Additional supporting documentation deemed significant by the nominator, including news clips, letters of recommendation and other evidence of the appropriateness of the nomination (supporting documentation must not exceed 10 pages). Videos will not be considered;
- An original 8” x 10” or 5” x 7” photo of the nominee or a digital photo – at least 300 dpi; photocopies are not acceptable. For “team” nominations, a photo is required for each team member.